Types of Information We Collect
Aspect may collect and use personal information and anonymous information and may use this information to create aggregate information about our users. Aspect may collect the following types of information:
- First Name, Last Name, Title, Company Name, Address, Phone Number, Fax Number, Email Address, User ID and Password or a subset of all such information
- Usage, viewing and technical data, including your device identifier or IP address, when you visit our sites or open emails we send.
How We Use Your Information
Aspect uses the personal information we collect to provide the highest level of customer service to our prospects, customers, investors and users in general. Aspect collects your information to allow us to contact you, provide materials to you upon your request, register you, allow you access into proprietary systems, to respond to your request or direction, and for any other purposes identified when your information is collected or described under “Cookies and Other Passive Tracking Devices.” Aspect will not use your information in ways unrelated to the ones described above without first obtaining your permission. At times, Aspect may use your information to send you emails containing information relating to Aspect and its products and services. You may choose to opt-out of receiving such emails by clicking on “Unsubscribe” at the bottom of the email and completing the on-screen form.
Transfer of Your Information
We may, and you authorize Aspect to, transfer your information to Aspect Software, Inc. in the US and to any Aspect affiliate worldwide for the purpose of processing or storage. In no circumstance will Aspect sell, rent, transfer or lease your information to any third party except in the following circumstances:
- Aspect has your written consent
- Transfer is required by law or court order.
- Transfer is done in connection with a business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition by another company, or the sale or transfer of all or a portion of Aspect’s assets to a successor-in-interest. You will be notified via email or prominent notice on this Web site of any such change in ownership or control of your Personal Information.
- Aspect believes, in its sole discretion, that transfer is necessary to protect and defend the rights, property or personal safety of Aspect, its affiliated companies, this Web site or its users.
Updating Your Personal Information
Please notify us of any changes to your name, address, title, phone number or email address by emailing us at Communications@aspect.com. To aid in processing your request, please include the following details:
- Your contact information (your name and email address)
- Your changed name, address, title, phone number or email address
Security of Your Personal Information
Aspect takes appropriate technical, physical and administrative steps to protect the security of your information. Access to your personal information is limited only to those employees, contractors or authorized agents of Aspect who have authorization to access your personal information and such access is limited to the extent such information is needed to fulfill the task for which personal information was collected. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot ensure the security of the information you transmit. We recommend you to take every precaution to protect your personal information when you are on the Internet. For example, change your passwords often, use a combination of letters and numbers when creating passwords, and make sure you use a secure browser.
Cookies and Other Passive Tracking Devices
Aspect uses the information it collects using Passive Tracking Devices to:
- Monitor the use and operation of this Web site to make it easier to use and otherwise improve it
- Manage features and programs made available through this Web site
- Tailor the content of the Web site to make it more effective
- Deliver content based on your usage patterns
- Provide you with information about Aspect products and services that we believe would be of interest
- Provide you with advertising based on your activity on our sites and on third-party sites.
Aspect may combine the information it collects using Passive Tracking Devices with personal information about you. Aspect also may disclose aggregate information collected using Passive Tracking Devices to third parties.
Content You Post
Any material you post on this Web site (for example, commenting on a blog or submitting questions, responses or other content to any Aspect hosted user group), including Personal Information, will be publically viewable on the Web site as soon as that information is submitted. By posting any such material, you waive any privacy expectations that you may have with respect to the material posted. If you don’t want others to see such information, don’t submit it.
This Web site contains links to other Web sites that are not owned by Aspect. You may also be directed to a third party Web site for certain purposes, such as registering with us or submitting a job application. Please note that these other Web sites' privacy policies may differ from those of Aspect. We encourage you to read the privacy statement of any Web site you may visit because we are not responsible for such Web sites’ content or policies.
Aspect does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected Personal Information of a child under the age of 13, we will take reasonable steps to delete that data from our systems. Please visit the FTC's website for more tips on protecting children's privacy online.
For further information about Aspect's privacy practices, please contact:
Aspect Software Legal Department
300 Apollo Drive
Chelmsford, MA 01824
978 250 7900 (phone)
978 244 7410 (fax)